Friday 21 November 2008

Precedents for the 'Tree of Life'



This is the Yugoslav Aeronautical Museum, just next to the airport in Belgrade, Serbia. The steel and glass ring reminds me of electrical capacitors and insulators you get on electrical pylons - pretty fitting as the Airport is named after Nikola Tesla. You could have a series of these constructions, lined with PV and Solar evacuated tubes to create the 'Tree of Life' - architecturally expressing it's function as an energy collector.

1 comment:

Taggy said...

I really like this building. I'm not an architect, but it reminds me of the London City Hall:

http://www.londonarchitecture.co.uk/Building/660/City_Hall_(London).php

As an engineer, I like harmony, and I'm not sure something so modern would look right on Upper Briggate, but a building like this would certinaly provide a focal point for lower Briggate.

Cool!